- Roy Cooper's Democrat-controlled State Board of Elections is proposing rules that would both make elections less secure and restrict free speech.
- The Board of Elections wants to:
- Limit the number of poll observers, making it nearly impossible for volunteer poll observers to remain present during the full voting process
- Define any political sign larger than 3'x5' as a "billboard," which will limit free speech through arbitrary enforcement and restrict political activism.
- The North Carolina Republican Party promotes MORE election transparency, not less, and MORE free speech, not less. This is a clear attempt by Democrats here in North Carolina to make elections less secure and to crack down on public displays of political support. Once again, the mainstream media is silent. Republicans must fight this.
- On May 6th at 1:00 p.m., a remote public hearing will be held on the proposed rule changes. To register to attend and/or speak, sign up here.
- In the meantime, public comments on the rule changes will be accepted until Tuesday, June 1. Please email [email protected]v to object to their proposed rules changes.